Who will it suit?
What are the advantages of taking an IELTS course?
- Study Hub IELTS courses are designed to help you better understand the test and how it is graded.
- Study Hub IELTS courses will introduce you to techniques that will enable you to maximize your IELTS score more quickly and with confidence.
- Study Hub IELTS courses are taught by trained professionals who have a thorough understanding of the IELTS test.
What is the focus of the eight week IELTS Advanced Course?
- The focus of the course is to bring up your level of English proficiency.
- This course will focus on all aspects of the test; however, there will be special attention paid to the areas that you need the most help with.
- This course will provide specialized grammar instruction.
- The course will develop your understanding of informal and academic vocabulary and how it relates to the IELTS test
- The course will focus on the Academic or General Module depending on your needs.
Is there a placement test?
Study Hub is located at 3/325 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria, 3168. The phone number is 0433597968.
Classes are held at the following times:
- Monday to Thursday: 10 am – 13:00 pm 17:30 pm – 20:00 pm
- Saturday 11:00 am – 15:00 pm
What will you cover in the Study Hub IELTS course?
The Crash Course will introduce you to two of the essential essay types which will include looking at two themes commonly found in the IELTS test. You will also be introduced to two types of graph or letter depending on which module you are taking. Moreover, you will learn how to use high-level academic vocabulary that relates to the theme and is known to impress examiners.
You will also learn how to quickly and effectively outline an IELTS essay and how to interpret and correctly answer an IELTS essay question. Finally, you will learn how to write effective introductions and conclusions.
In terms of speaking you will be taught specific tips to help you fully answer the questions and maximize your score. Furthermore, the techniques that you will learn will help you to face a wide variety of question types based on a wide variety of topics.
Finally, you will be taken through the three parts of the speaking test and assessed by one of your instructors.
The Crash Course will take you through four of the most common reading question types and how best to answer these questions. Also, you will learn how to improve your reading speed so that you are able to complete the test and thus maximize your score.
Finally, you will be given a wide variety of practice opportunities so that you can demonstrate the skills you have learnt.
At Study Hub, we will point you in the right direction to help you develop your listening skills by providing listening materials, tips and feedback.
To really improve your chances of succeeding in IELTS, we will also introduce you to a variety of study techniques. These include the importance setting goals, how to detect errors and fix them, working out the meanings of unknown words, preparing for test just to name a few.
Also included is the opportunity to take full tests under exam conditions and get feedback from trained professionals. The aim of these tests is get you fully prepared and confident to take the real test.